Do we need a planner? Live band or DJ? Can we just have In n Out cater? Fancy rehearsal dinner or laid back in our back yard? That costs how much?! Is it too late to elope? These are just a few of the questions Richie and I have been asking ourselves since getting engaged. Planning a wedding is a huge undertaking! Like most girls, I have been gathering inspiration for as long as I can remember, but actually making the final decisions can be tough. Thankfully, there are a ton of resources for brides-to-be!
My number one resource over the past few months has been WeddingWire. WeddingWire not only connects engaged couples to over 200,000 event merchants, they also offer services such building your wedding website, tools to track your budget (Richies favorite), access to forums where you can chat with other brides, and the list goes on and on. As a bride to be, it is so easy to get lost in all the noise of other peoples recommendations and all the resources out there. Once I found WeddingWire, I felt like I could finally start to enjoy the wedding planning process!
A lot of you guys have been asking how wedding planning is going and if I will be documenting everything on my blog. The answer is yes! I will be posting mini updates every few months along with vlogs for when we tour venues, when I try on dresses, and much more. I feel so blessed to be able to document and share this incredible time in our lives. Richie and I are still in the very early stages of planning, but heres what we know so far…
1. The wedding will take place October 2019 in Southern California overlooking the ocean
2. In n Out will definitely be making an appearance
3. We both want a live band but they are pretty pricey, so we are going to check out a few and then decide!
4. The decor will be a mix of traditional and rustic. Think long distressed wood tables centered around a checkered dance floor with hanging chandeliers and flowers/candles everywhere
5. We will be married by a pastor and reciting traditional vows as well as writing our own
6. I have yet to try on wedding dresses but I know I want long sleeves!
7. The wedding ceremony and reception will both take place outdoors
8. We want to keep it around 100 guests
9. We’ve narrowed down photographers but still need to make the final decision for both the wedding and our engagement photos!
10. My fiancé, Richie, has been so supportive on everything and calm! I have been beyond overwhelmed, but he has been so helpful and patient. He truly is my better half!
So as you can see, we still have a long way to go! We both have the exact same vision, we just have to start making final decisions and putting down payments on everything. Thankfully, we have some time so we don’t feel rushed. I have a new found respect for brides who plan their wedding in under year haha!
Thank you so much for all of your well wishes and for joining us on this journey! If you are a fellow bride to be or a wedding vendor yourself, then I highly recommend checking out WeddingWire! You can create a free account here! My first step was creating a wedding checklist. Every time I check something off, I congratulate myself with a laaarggeee glass of wine! 😉 Here are links to all their social media channels….
We can use all the tips and recommendations we can get, so please leave them in the comments! As always, thanks for taking the time to stop by and you can read our Engagement Story here! xoxo